Friday, December 7, 2012

Are You Havin' Any Fun?

This week I saw a great video of my favorite CrossFit athlete, Camille Leblanc-Bazinet. 

Source
In the video, she talks about having fun with the sport, even in the midst of competition or a really tough workout.

Yesterday morning I went in to the box and asked Coach Corey if I could do some strength and skill work, and he said to me, "Sure, do whatever you need to.  Have fun!"

Have fun.

When I first started CrossFit, I thought it was a blast.  I really looked forward to coming to every workout and seeing what the WOD was.

I've had a rough patch or two where I needed an attitude adjustment or motivation to get into the box.

Since I've started getting more serious about CrossFit, I've gotten SERIOUS.  "I have to nail this lift, I have to work my skills, I have to focus on form."  "Is this a WOD I can do quickly with RX?  Am I going to be competitive today with anyone else, or just me?"  "Will I be able to achieve my end of year goals???"

And I have forgotten a little bit that this is supposed to be fun.

Havin' fun with my girls for my birthday WOD!
I am stoked for rope climbs on the programming tonight.  I used to do these as a kid because they were FUN.  I got my first one recently and hope to get all four tonight with a big smile on my face!  My goal for the WOD tonight is to have a good time while doing it.  Period.


Speaking of fun...Jared and I have been following along with Tina's 24 Days of Togetherness! 

 

Tuesday night we drew "Go out for a cocktail." But since Jared makes great drinks, we decided to hit up the store for ingredients and make our own at home.


Jared was in heaven at BevMo - he wanted to buy one of everything!

 
 
 
This bottle was just under $2,000!!!
I cheated a little and told Jared one of the activities coming up was to try a holiday themed beer together, so we got it on Tuesday to save for the day we draw that slip!


We went with the Lump of Coal Stout - can't wait to try it.

We came home and Jared mixed up our gingerbread cocktails.

 

They were very sweet, but really good and Christmas-y!  Plus it was fun to make a date night out of the experience of shopping together. 

Wednesday night we were supposed to get a photo together.  For all the pictures I'm snapping, I almost never get the two of us, so it was nice to have an excuse.




Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Don't forget to check back in Saturday and Sunday for mobility suggestions.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!