Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Advent Mobility: Day 5/What I Ate Wednesday

Hello hello!

I'll get on to Advent Mobility in a minute, but first, here's my nod to "What I Ate Wednesday." I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon for this one, since I've got a current favorite "second breakfast" I wanted to share.

 

I did a Paleo Challenge back in August.  Although I decided not to go full Paleo when the challenge was over, I have since cut a lot of sweets, grains, and dairy from my diet.  However, I am back to eating Greek yogurt every day and love it for the healthy fat, calcium, and protein.

Right now, I mix half a cup of canned unsweetened pumpkin with a cup of Fage 2% Plain Greek yogurt and add in freshly cut fruit, like a pear or an apple. Usually at work this is it, plain and simple (so easy to pack) but I was home sick on Friday and so I added a little cinnamon and cloves!

 



Technically you could sweeten this with a bit of maple syrup (or agave or honey), but I really try not to "waste" my extra sugars.  (Save 'em for the weekend and just eat a doughnut!)  I feel like the fruit in this adds enough sweetness without drowning the pumpkin flavor or tartness of the yogurt. This is really satisfying and tons of fun to eat! Pair it with Trader Joe's Cinnamon Tempest tea for a total treat.


Alright, let's get down to Day 5 of the #AdventMobility challenge. Today we'll be hitting back and lats.
My lats are ALWAYS really tight from pullups and my back is often tight from deadlifts and squats. Loosening up these muscles and connective tissues is going to help us prevent injury and improve our form and thus our strength!

Check out Mobility WOD for some ideas for working out your lats and your lower back!
Earn those points by posting your score (what you did and for how many minutes) in the comments below. 

Extra points if you post on TheMeghaMix's Facebook page, or tweet about the challenge with the hashtag #AdventMobility.

Hope you haven't forgotten about this week's extra credit: massage! Mine is scheduled for tomorrow morning and I absolutely cannot wait. I want to melt just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!