Friday, April 29, 2011

Fitness Face-off Friday!!!

Sweat Hard

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the first of many Fitness Face-off Fridays!!! 



I had thought for a while about having a weekly fitness-related challenge on the blog, to keep me accountable and help motivate others. 

At first I wanted to do Wednesday Workout _______, but thesaurus.com gave me nothing good for "challenge" that started with a "w."  Jerks.

What is a Face-off?

A challenge I set for myself on a Friday, and have to complete by EOD the following Thursday (yes, I work in the corporate world and use phrases like EOD).

A chance for you to keep me accountable by making me post photos and blog about how I met the challenge.

A competition to motivate any of my fearless readers to try to complete the challenge faster/heavier/longer/better than I!!!


This Week...Something Old

Challenge - Weight Lifting

As you may know, I am currently getting ready for my first half marathon.  (May 8th.  AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!)  Running has been awesome for my lungs and my heart...but the amount of time required for the training has gradually siphoned away almost all my sessions in the weight room.  I used to pump iron 3-4 times a week...and now I'm lucky to squeeze in 10 minutes of body weight exercises. 



Well, folks, it ends now.

Rules

I will weight-train at least three times this week.

Each session must last, at minimum, for 20 minutes.

Sessions can be solo, class, gym, home, whatever.  They can be 3 full body sessions or work different specific muscle groups.

I must post at least one photo from each workout, with a description of what I did.



Reward

If I complete the challenge by the specified time according to the rules (including having posted evidence in the proper time frame) I will:

Buy myself flowers at the Farmer's Market on Saturday!

 (I REALLY wanted to last time I was there but didn't have a good enough excuse.)

Bonus

If I complete FOUR sessions instead of just three, I will carve out time to let myself do a post about my summer in Italy a few years ago.



Me and my pal Sophie

Penalty

If I do NOT fully and completely meet this week's challenge, I will not let myself post for 3 days in a row.  Instead, I will do chores and more chores. 



Now, who's with me?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!