Sunday, December 2, 2012

Advent Mobility: Day 2

Here we are on the second day of the #AdventMobility challenge!

Please note that you don't have to CrossFit in order to take the challenge. All athletes can benefit from being more limber!

Today we'll be "moving up" from yesterday and hitting our hamstrings and IT band. If you work a desk job like I do, these areas can get notoriously tight and put a lot of strain on your knees. Increasing your mobility here will be helpful on your squats and deadlifts.

What I like to do is spend a couple minutes rolling out my IT band, then roll over and hit my hamstring on the same leg before switching sides.

(Once again, if you don't have a foam roller, well, you probably should buy one, but your box or gym should have one on hand.)

I can honestly spend a good 15 minutes going over these areas because I'm so tight, especially if I do it while watching a TV show or something. 

If you want some extra ideas, check out Mobility WOD - Kelly Starrett always has great ideas.

Got your extra credit massage scheduled yet? Mine is on Thursday morning and boy am I looking forward to it! Don't forget to leave your score in the comments below - I need some accountability and I bet you do as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!