As you know, I am all about mixing it up and trying new things. I love checking out popular classes or picking up Living Social deals to keep my workouts fun.
|Yay fencing date!|
One of my latest expeditions was a visit to the Redmond Athletic Club in downtown Redmond (right near Bella Bottega and Z-Ultimate). My teaching schedule puts me in the area often, and one day I decided to head over and check it out.
|Uber-spacious weight "room"|
|Boot camp class on the basketball court|
- Environment: 5 out of 5. This is probably the best looking gym I have ever met. Everything is wide and open and is obviously kept up well. Everything is laid out well...and in case you get lost they even post signs to help you find your way around.
- Staff: 5 out of 5. As I mentioned above, they really want to serve and help you find a gym that is a good fit. They know their stuff if you have questions...but if you don't, they leave you to workout in peace
- Affordability: 2 out of 5. The price list I got put your monthly membership over $100...depending on how many people are in your family, you can get a better deal...but still pricey.
- Convenience: 4 out of 5. The RAC offers great hours, and being smack in the middle of downtown Redmond, makes a great stopping point on the way to or from work/school.
- Cardio machines: 4 out of 5. Lots of variety. There were plenty of machines available, even at their busiest time of night. You face the rest of the gym, so it's nice to have some "breathing" room and not feel cramped. My only complaint is...no stepmill (which is my personal cardio fave.) I DID love the ArcTrainer - had never seen or tried one before. It's kinda like an elliptical, but more like hiking than running. There is also a separate room for spin classes.
- Free weights/weight machines: 5 out of 5. Again, lots of variety and plenty of room. In addition to plenty of traditional machines (in great working order), they had one of those cable machines everyone keeps talking about, "boxes" for getting your Crossfit on, and a slider with fancy socks.
|Sweat your heart out!|
|Super schnazzy ArcTrainer...|
|...which kicked my little tush|
- Stretching/abs area(s): 4 out of 5. They actually have two...one upstairs near the cardio machines and one downstairs near the childcare center and weights. The have medicine balls, bosu trainers, foam rollers, and all kinds of good stuff. Some of the equipment didn't look as updated as the rest of the gym, and the downstairs area seems a little in the way of folks on their way to lift, but other than that, good spot to work your core and stretch your muscles.
|This thing made my butt sooo sore.|
|Cool socks! They go over your shoes.|