Jared is a big sandwich fan. He's also a man with big muscles and a high metabolism...so he goes through two sandwiches per day...in addition to breakfast, a Muscle Milk, a ProBar, and a protein shake...all before dinner.
This puts him at upwards of 10 sandwiches per week, day in and day out. Obviously it saves us a lot of money to bring our own food each day (in addition to being much healthier), but eating healthy is no fun if there's no variety. I try to mix up what I make for him as much as possible. Variety is the spice of life...and ensures a broad range of nutrient intake.
Here's one little off-beat sandwich for your munching pleasure:
Spicy Cilantro Sandwich
What you need:
- Spicy black bean bread (Costco) or other Mexican-inspired bread
- Chipotle jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Slice 2 or 4 slices of bread depending on loaf size...if it's tiny, you'll want 2 smaller sandwiches.
- Add 1 slice of cheese and 3-4 slices of ham
- Rinse and chop cilantro
- Rinse and dry lettuce
- Add cilantro, lettuce, and olive oil if desired
- Pack in a ziplock bag and be the envy of your coworkers!