Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cheese, Gromit!

Any Wallace and Gromit fans out there?  Everyone knows the moon's made of cheese, but if you aren't the type that can build an orange spaceship in your basement, try your local farmer's market for some equally tasty varieties!



Cheese is pretty much awesome, because it can be a vibrant part of any meal, dress up salads, or form a tasty snack all on its own!  This particular special cheddar found a great gig as a leading player in a healthy and delicious omlette.

I love eggs.  Love, love, love them.  Breakfast is probably my favorite meal...I eat it three times a day and sometimes even again for dinner.  (I swear I'm part hobbit - I eat breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, etc.) 

Back when I wasn't much of a cook, I would joke that I made a mean eggs and toast...which was, in fact, true.  I would load up with ham, shredded cheddar cheese, and serve it all with a buttered english muffin...or a QFC maple bar.

These days I still love my eggs...but I try to make them a little healthier so I can relish the taste and the effect on my body.  Omlettes are a super awesome ninja spy sneaky way to add more vegetables into your diet.  The one below is particularly good for ladies since it packs a walloping iron punch.  The spicy sausage and intense cheese offer a lot of flavor, so you can nix the salt!

I'm not going to provide a recipe for this guy since the photos are pretty self-explanatory.  If you're a desperate rule-follower and you want a recipe...let me know and I'll make one up to soothe your conscience.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!