Friday, March 18, 2011

C is for Cold

Eat Well

My poor husband has come down with some combination of sore throat, runny nose, and exhaustion...typically referred to as the common cold.

While we like to share most things in life, I would rather not have us both sick at once.  So I have been eating vitamin C...and you know what I learned this year?  Bell peppers have WAY more vitamin C than oranges.  I had an orange and half an orange bell pepper yesterday...the orange was not a very good one.  The bell pepper was delicious. 

I also learned this year that vitamin C helps your body to better absorb iron.  (Or is it the other way around?)  So I had my bell bepper slices along with my chicken/swiss/spinach sandwich. 

Now I am fully fortified.  Be afraid, little germs.  Be very afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!