Thursday, March 10, 2011

Takin' Care of Business...and Workin' Overtime

Sweat Hard

Yesterday was the first run of training week two.  Instead of 45 minutes stuck alone on a treadmill, I got to run outside with my fave coworker, Lica.  We made up the route as we went along...which turned out to include some barbed wire and one very killer hill.  (So far, not too sore...)

Since we are now putting in overtime, and we are overtime wimps, our new rule is that we can't talk about work outside of work.  This is supposed to keep us from whining and remind us that we have a life outside of the office.  So we talk about people and food and shopping...way more fun.  Getting outside and getting my heart rate up makes a huge impact in my energy levels and my attitude.

Running is an amazing way to beat stress, but even an hour of exercise a day is not enough to combat sitting at a desk for 8+ hours 5 days a week.  I'm happy to say that Fitness magazine has this awesome workout that you can do in your cubicle!  I throw in several of these moves throughout my day...nice way to get the blood flowing and refresh the brain.

Keep moving at the office, and GET OUT whenever you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!