Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm Putting All My Eggs in One Basket...

...I'm betting everything I've got on you - the great American composer, Mr. Irving Berlin

Sweat Hard

Fitness Face-off Update: So...it's Monday and I haven't done any weight-training yet.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.  I am planning to do one of the workouts in my magazine at home after work today, a Body Works class at the gym on Wednesday, and personal training with the hubby (hey, he's the cutest trainer they have, and plus he'll train me for free!) on Thursday.  So I'm doubting I'll get any bonus points for this face-off.  But at least I've got a plan, right?

Eat Well

Sometimes one of the hardest things about healthy eating is the labor intensive/time consuming prep work.  In our home, we place a high premium on sleep and therefore strive for dinners that won't keep us up late cooking and doing dishes.  Here's a fun way to do breakfast for dinner and get a lot of iron, vitamin C, protein, calcium, and healthy fats into your day: omlettes!

Buy Brie at Coscto.  Unbeatable deal.
I love, love, LOVE avocados, so any chance I get to add them to a meal is fine by me.

Sometimes it's handy to have snacks while you're cooking.  Just cause...if you burn dinner (which for me is not an unlikely scenario), then you won't starve while you're waiting for the firemen to put out the flames.


You can obviously put whatever cheese you want in your omlettes.  Swiss is actually one of the very best cheese as far as health properties go...but brie is our favorite.  So there.




You can scramble it all up, or put the eggs in first and then add the veggies and cheese into the middle.  I vote for the second option, partly because it keeps the vegetables from getting mushy, and partly because the longer you cook them, the more nutrients slip away into the void.  And if I'm eating vegetables, I sure the heck want them to be good for me.


And there you have it.  Not too fancy, not too hard, but definitely delicious and nutritious.  And pretty cheap, especially if you get a good deal on your fancy-pants cheese.



Happy Monday, world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!