Monday, November 21, 2011

#1 Weight Loss Tip

Okay, so it's really hard to pick one tip that's the number one, life-changing, fat-blasting wonder-tip.

But this one is pretty high on the list...

EAT BREAKFAST.

If you wait more than about half an hour to eat, your body decides, "Hhmmm.  I'm now starving to death.  I will hold on to all future calories and store them up as fat in case this crazy person decides to starve me again."  You've probably heard it all before, how breakfast is good for your metabolism and keeps you from over-eating later in the day.  But even the most well-informed of us need to be reminded.  Especially since we're all busy, and when you are racing out the door in the morning, it's hard to make time to eat.

My preference, of course, is a breakfast loaded with produce, good carbs, and protein that I can sit down and enjoy:

Breakfast is my favorite meal...

100% whole wheat english muffins with olive oil,
plus eggs with kale

Pluots from the CSA! 
Thank you, Jefferson Davis!
However, not every day is that kind of a day.  I URGE you...stock your shelves with raw nuts and your fruit bowl with bananas.  You can literally eat them on the go, and they require no prep, no refrigeration, and taste great plain.  If you are somewhere in the middle with your alloted eating time, toast with peanut butter and a killer pink lady apple will do the trick nicely.

Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! I always know that I SHOULD eat breakfast, but now and then I need that extra push. I'll be buying extra fruit tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!