Throughout my childhood, I hated most vegetables. (By childhood, I mean from birth up until about last summer.) Broccoli, particularly served raw, was at the top of my unwanted list.
These days, I'm liking more and more veggies as my palette is slowly adjusting to healthier food...and I'm really enjoying the fresh produce we get each week through our CSA.
But they included some sort of fancy broccoli one week. What on earth were they thinking???
Jared saved the day and made crepes. Gotta love that man. Talked me into trying veggies again when we were dating and now that we're married he makes it fun to eat healthy.
Broccoli Disguised as Delicious Crepes
What you need:
- Broccolini or similarly disliked vegetable
- Eggs, milk, etc...sorry I can't provide a good crepe recipe - I was only watching closely enough to see when something would be ready for me to consume
- Sliced cheese - mozzarella is a good one
- Savory spices
- Steam broccolini while making the individual crepes
- Chop up broccolini
- Take a crepe and fill with cheese, ham, and some broccolini pieces
- Roll up and eat