The Issaquah Farmer's Market has this amazing pasta booth with all kinds of variety in pasta types and ingredients/flavors. Pasta is awesome because it's a great simple start to dinner (all you have to know is how to boil water) and then you can add whatever protein and veggies you want! Here's what we did with the black bean version:
Black Bean Carbonara Pasta
What you need:
- Black bean pasta
- Orange bell pepper
- Parmigiano reggiano
- Olive or canola oil
What you do:
- Cook pasta for no more than 8-10 minutes...al dente is more Italian and also makes for better leftovers.
- Fry bacon and eggs with canola oil in a pan.
- When eggs and bacon are half-cooked, add chopped bell pepper.
- Put pasta in bowls. Add bacon, eggs, and bell pepper.
- Grate fresh parmigiano on top and serve. Add ground black pepper if desired.
Note: don't overcook the egg yolks. Serve one egg in each bowl of pasta and allow the yolk to be the sauce.