Friday, June 10, 2011

Relative-ly Fit/Fitness Face-off Friday



Are you good at anything?

Are you bad at anything?

Do you spend your life pursuing your strengths and avoiding your weaknesses?

Me, too.

Something I am good at:  Singing.  Have been ever since I was two.  Good sense of pitch, rhythm, etc., learn best through hearing, took voice, blah, blah, blah.  When I was in high school a family friend joked that I was like a Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland film: "Hey, we should put on a show!"

Something I am bad at: Absolutely Anything Involving Hand-Eye Coordination.  I played softball for three years as a kid...heaven only knows how I lasted that long.  The only sport I could do was skiing (no ball!) and so I pretty much avoided participating in or watching any sport where a ball might be present.

But lately as I've gotten more fit I've apparently gotten a little braver, too. 

A few weeks ago, I asked my racquetball champ father to come to the gym and teach me some of his moves. 

We had such a blast that we've got a weekly recurring date set up!


Don't let the awesome sense of humor disarm you.
He will run the socks off you.

Dad and Jared



Fitness Face-Off Friday

Challenge - Get Out of Your Comfort Zone

Here's my plan this week...I'm going to be leading an informal outdoor fitness class for a bunch of friends.  Yipes! 

This means I'll be digging through all my resources (yes, including trainer hubby) to put together an hour-long session of circuits, core work, and yoga.  I love working out, and I love being with friends, but it can be intimidating to try to put together for other people that will be effective (but not overwhelming) and teach it to other people.

Yes, I have to post photos in order for it to count.  My reward if I succeed?  Hearing that anyone wants to do another class!

Suggestions on how you can Face-Off with me:
  • Take a new class
  • Try a sport you used to hate
  • Try a sport you used to love but haven't done in years
  • Workout with someone who you know will go longer/faster/harder than you usually do
Let me know how you do!  Happy weekend

1 comment:

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!