Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Shop Once, Cook for a Week

If you are like me, you find it hard to think of nutritious and interesting meals for the week and shop accordingly.  You just buy random meat and produce and hope to be inspired...after work...in the midst of chores...five nights in a row.

This week, we tried something new, courtesy of Men's Health: a pre-written meal plan, complete with shopping list!

Our week at a glance
We had a fun time shopping together for the groceries over the weekend, and Jared was brave enough to make the chicken last night.  He made the chicken "talk," since it grossed me out.  "I never wanted this!"



Lest you think I never actually do anything besides dishes, behold my sou chef skills!


Crying from cutting the onions - my makeup ran!
It took WAY longer than we expected to cook the chicken, and even then, there were a few parts that weren't quite done.  We weren't the only ones to find this out...apparently Tina and Mal are doing the same meal plan this week.  However, the final product was downright delicious!


You eat half the chicken and veggies on Monday...the remaining veggies will appear in tonight's dinner, and the leftover chicken will show up tomorrow.

In other news...only 5 days left until my favorite race of the year!!!

That's right - the 12ks of Christmas is this Sunday!

I'm partly excited because Jared and I missed our most recent race...I had our super cool outfits for the Pineapple Classic all ready to go (we were the Lava-Lava Lovebirds)...and put it on our calendar for a Sunday instead of a Saturday.


All dressed up with no race to run...
I'm EXTRA excited because we have begged, threatened, and offered bribes to get our family members to run, too!  This will be the third year in a row that Jared and I have 12ked our way through beautiful downtown Kirkland, and we intend for it to be a longstanding tradition. 

I'm a little nervous, because my left IT band has started acting up...I did some foam rolling last night which helped, but I'm going to need to do a lot more this week.  Other than that, training has been a blast, especially the long runs on the weekend. 


Me, post run this Sunday evening -
boy were the lights in Kirkland GORGEOUS
What about you?  Do you have any Christmas races in your area?  How about good advice for a tight IT band? 

Don't forget to enter the giveaway!  You have till Thursday at midnight to leave a comment for your entry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!