So...before my sweet husband and I got married, we made sort of a deal. The deal was that he would cook, and I would do the dishes. This seemed like a wise plan since he is an extraordinary chef, and I consider making toast without the fire alarm going off to be a culinary achievement.
But...as life has gotten busier and I have gotten more excited about food, things have shifted a bit. And now sometimes I get to make dinner!!!
Here's something I made a month or two ago: shrimp with green bell peppers and pineapple. This is an awesome, easy dinner and can be very cheap. In my case, shrimp was on sale, and I got canned pineapple rings (in 100% juice, obviously)...and as we all know, supply and demand drives down the price of the green bell peppers as all sane people prefer yellow, orange or red.
Here's what you do:
- Cut off the shrimp tails.
- Chop up the pineapple rings into thirds.
- Chop up the bell peppers.
- Put them all into a few little tupperware containers (this is cool because if you don't want to eat it all at once, prep work is already done).
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon slices and those little Italian pepperoncini.
- Let it marinate for...a while. (See? I'm getting good at this cooking lingo stuff!)
- Use those cool wooden dowel-y things to skewer the marinated items. No, you don't have to do it in a precise order unless you are slightly OCD. Which, if you ask me, is the only way to live, but I won't come to your house to make sure you do it right.
- Pour the remaining marinade out of the tupperware and over the skewers.
- Put the skewers on the grill, or fake it in your oven if you have no grill.
- Eat them. (Best part. For sure.)
|We got this pan at IKEA. You can, too!|
|Yay healthy and easy and yummy!!! Triple threat.|