Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shrimp.......

 Eat Well

So...before my sweet husband and I got married, we made sort of a deal.  The deal was that he would cook, and I would do the dishes.  This seemed like a wise plan since he is an extraordinary chef, and I consider making toast without the fire alarm going off to be a culinary achievement.

But...as life has gotten busier and I have gotten more excited about food, things have shifted a bit.  And now sometimes I get to make dinner!!!

Here's something I made a month or two ago: shrimp with green bell peppers and pineapple.  This is an awesome, easy dinner and can be very cheap.  In my case, shrimp was on sale, and I got canned pineapple rings (in 100% juice, obviously)...and as we all know, supply and demand drives down the price of the green bell peppers as all sane people prefer yellow, orange or red.

Here's what you do:
  1. Cut off the shrimp tails.
  2. Chop up the pineapple rings into thirds.
  3. Chop up the bell peppers.
  4. Put them all into a few little tupperware containers (this is cool because if you don't want to eat it all at once, prep work is already done).
  5. Add olive oil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon slices and those little Italian pepperoncini.
  6. Let it marinate for...a while.  (See?  I'm getting good at this cooking lingo stuff!)
  7. Use those cool wooden dowel-y things to skewer the marinated items.  No, you don't have to do it in a precise order unless you are slightly OCD.  Which, if you ask me, is the only way to live, but I won't come to your house to make sure you do it right.
  8. Pour the remaining marinade out of the tupperware and over the skewers.
  9. Put the skewers on the grill, or fake it in your oven if you have no grill.
  10. Eat them.  (Best part.  For sure.)

We got this pan at IKEA.  You can, too!


Yay healthy and easy and yummy!!!  Triple threat.

 Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!