Thursday, April 14, 2011

30 for 30 Leftovers...While Running

Dress Cute

Found a few more photos from my 30 for 30...or more accurately, 30ish for 28-or-so...but these ones I like especially,

Skirt - Alice Temperly for Target;
tunic - Romy's; shoes - Target

I've had this skirt for years.  Love the high waist, the buttons, and the swing-y-ness of it.  This was towards the end of my 30 for 30, and I realized I always wear the tunic top with leggings - I'd never ever thought of putting it with a skirt!  So there you have it.  Genius in action.

Dress - F21; sweater - BR; leggings - Target;
scarf - H&M Italy; belt - Romy's; shoes - Nike
I've also had this dress for years.  Like 6 or 8.  A very long time.  It's SUPER comfy and it's kind of a greyish brown, which I love since I can't usually pull off anything brown.  It's sleeveless, so I usually put it with a little black zip-up and black leggings in the winter...but once again, at the end of the 30 for 30, I was short on ideas and decided to change up the colors and do grey instead of black.

For some people this may not sound that complicated, but anyone who knows me understands that about 60-75% of my winter wardrobe is black.  So anytime I swap black out for a different color, I feel proud. 

I'm also proud of my hair on this outfit, since this was one of those gee-i-really-don't-want-to-wake-up-extra-early-to-wash-my-hair days.  I french-braided an inch or so across the front, back-combed the top a little, and threw it into a half-pony.  And rather than getting lectured on how having a real job and being a grown-up means you have to wash your hair, I got like 3 compliments. 

This has led me to the logical conclusion that I should never wash my hair again.

Sweat Hard

As I enter the last 3 weeks before my first half marathon (the first 7 have really flown...wish I could say the same for my short legs), I thought I'd share the following:

TEST YOURSELF on what you know about injury prevention, courtesy of Fitness magazine
GET MOTIVATED to start running yourself, courtesy of Women's Health magazine

Happy running, and don't hurt yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!