Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Sweataway 2013 Part I

Due in part to holidays and closures at the SJCC, Jared and I contrived to take Monday and Tuesday off work and enjoy ourselves on a much needed break.
 
We slept in a little and went in to the 7am CrossFit so Jared could bust out his birthday WOD!  My hands were still beat up from the Saturday before, so I stuck with my regular programming and did my Wendler's deload week for back squat and bench press.
 
We got to shoot some hoops before working out - he helped me out with some pointers and I made a bunch of baskets!
 
 
 
He was sporting the birthday present I got him...the Reebok CrossFit Nanos!
 
 
If you wanna give his birthday WOD a try, here it is:
 
"Jared"
 
2 rounds for time:
 
25 Double Unders
12 Clean & Jerks #95/65
13 Snatches #95/65
25 Pushups
12 Burpee Blasters
(burpee into knees to elbows into pullup)
13 Handstand Pushups
25 Calorie Row
 
Jared busted out the top score of the day - sub 20 minutes!
 
 
 
I took it easy on my deload week - it was nice to get some time under the bar and not work my hands too much.
 
 
 
 
After we got home, we ate a little, packed up, and Jared tuned the bicycles so we could head north to Anacortes for a ride!  Great views all along the way.
 
 
 
 
 
 
We found a great trail for riding and got to see herons and a cute otter up close.
 
 
 
We were STARVING by the time we finished and hit up a local cafe for some awesome food.
 
Jared's lunch - French Toast Cinnamon Rolls!
 
My lunch: Fish and Chips and Shrimp and Clam Strips!
 
Yes, I had salad, too.
It was so nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine and sing along to music on our mini road trip.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your two cents to The (Megha) Mix!