Almost nothing says "weekend" to me like a pancake breakfast. Jared whipped these up a few weeks ago and I could hardly get them down fast enough. The cool part is they have whole wheat flour and added protein...so they're healthier and a lot heartier than the typical flapjack.
They're extra fun if you make several different kinds at once!
Ham, basil, and goat cheese (Poppa Bear):
Peach and cherry (Momma Bear):
The Three Bears' Protein Pancakes
What you need (batter):
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Goat cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Chocolate chips
- Mix above ingredients in large bowl.
- Separate out into 3 smaller bowls, more if you want more variety in the pancakes.
- For Poppa Bear pancakes, add basil, ham, and balsamic to the individual cakes while cooking. Add goat cheese on top and serve.
- For Momma Bear pancakes, cut up cherries and peaches and mix into batter before cooking. Serve warm, or freeze for later.
- For Baby Bear pancakes, add chocolate chips to batter before cooking. Eat as fast as you can or your husband will get them all.