Back Squat #170 - New 1 Rep Max
(More videos at http://www.youtube.com/themeghamix.)
- I lift at the gym either in the early morning with the old dudes or in the afternoon with the high school football players and wrestlers.
- I consume at least one protein shake per day.
- I have a favorite protein powder and can give you a run-down on the good, the bad, and the ugly of the protein world.
- I used to eat small meals or snacks every 2-3 hours. Now I eat with at least the same frequency, but a WAY bigger appetite.
- I get special chances to give input on fitness products and supplements at work because everyone knows I take that stuff seriously.
- I almost got caught by a coworker flexing my biceps in the mirror at the office.
- I practice "fast elbows" for my cleans when I think no one is looking.
- I put way more effort and moolah into what I wear to the gym versus what I wear to work.
- I felt like a total pansy lifting dumbbells this week.
- I have explain fitness equipment and movements to the less informed guys at my office.
- Last week I hurt my elbow trying to air-practice a lift in the bathroom stall.
- I need a ton of sleep each night or I get grouchy (here's hoping I'm in the midst of a growth spurt).
- I was kinda pissed that I missed a chance to PR my bench press last week cause the guy I asked to spot me actually didn't know squat about spotting.
- I have guys at the gym tell me they don't lift like I do because they don't wanna bulk up.
- I scoff at the wimps doing "pushups" who don't actually touch chest-to-floor on each rep.
- I scoff at the other wimps doing "pullups" who don't fully extend their arms on each rep.
- I care way more about the weight on my bar than the weight on my scale.
- I don't have time for yoga because it would cut into my lifting days.
- I do make time for mobility because K-Starr says it'll up my front squats.
- I'd rather go to the Olympic lifting and "Girl" WOD class than the team/partner WOD class.
- I'm saving money for my L1 CrossFit Cert since after that I can take the Striking course because I love to hit stuff.
- I want my husband to choose his med school based on CrossFit gyms and resources in the area (UCSD = Mike Burgener.)
- I can explain Wendler's method cause I use it regularly.
- I'm more stoked about compliments on my traps than my hair.
AND I'M FREAKED THAT TOMORROW I WILL WAKE UP WITH A CRACK IN MY VOICE AND HAIR ON MY FACE.
Former 20-Something Girly-Girl